10 tips on the best time to accomplish anything:
The WSJ has a good piece listing a few optimal times to do things. Some notable highlights:
- Best time to send emails you want read: 6AM.
- Best time for thinking: Late morning.
- Creative thinking: Creativity can be improved when we’re tired so try brainstorming when daytime sleepiness peaks at around 2PM.
Here are a few more I’ve posted in the past.
- Best time to get a human being on the phone when calling a company’s customer service line: As early as possible (lowest call volume)
- Best day of the week to eat dinner out: Tuesday (freshest food, no crowds)
- Best day to fly: Saturday (fewer flights means fewer delays, shorter lines, less stress)
- Best time to fly: Noon (varies but pilots say airport rush hours coincide with workday rush hours)
- Best time to have surgery: Morning (4x less likely to have complications in the morning than between 3-4PM)
- Best time to exercise: 6-8PM (body temp highest, peak time for strength and flexibility)
- Best time to have sex: 10PM-1AM (skin sensitivity is highest in late evening)
My compilation on stretching the hours in your day is here. My ultimate productivity guide is here. And here are the things you should do to live a long life.
Join 45K+ readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
Posted On: September 28, 2012