What would most people choose: sex or cake?
32% of singles would give up sex for a year vs. their favorite food.
28% of people in committed relationships said the same.
About 32 percent of singles say that if forced to choose, they’d rather give up sex for a year than their favorite food. More women would take that path to satisfaction, with 39 percent choosing food over sex, while only 16 percent of single men would do the same.
And it’s not just singles (some of whom could be down on their luck in the bedroom anyway); of an additional 3,500 respondents in committed relationships, 28 percent say they’d nosh over getting naughty. (A scrumptious dessert, after all, is almost guaranteed to give you a happy ending.)
The top foods that people would choose over sex were chocolate (26 percent) and steak (25 percent). Also popular were pizza, cookies or other baked goods, ice cream, chips, various Italian dishes and lobster.
According to the survey, 66 percent of singles are turned off by picky eaters, and 35 percent are turned off by someone who lacks knowledge about food.
The good news is that you don’t have to be a chef to keep your date hooked – 93 percent of respondents said they’d prefer someone who’s bad in the kitchen to someone who’s bad in the bedroom, and 82 percent say they’d continue to date someone who refused to cook.
- As a general rule, smiling makes you more attractive. That said, ladies, smile. Guys…well, think twice. Want to improve your smile? Smile slower.
- Beauty sleep? Yeah, it’s real. Get some.
- Guys: stubble makes you look smarter and more sociable.
- Guys: deep, dominant voice. Ladies, keep it feminine. (But you already know that on some level; that’s why you speak differently when talking to attractive men.)
- Ladies who don’t wear makeup: start wearing makeup. And pick bras wisely: that awful stereotype about men liking big boobs? Confirmed.
- Guys, you need to move right, keep cool, and be confident. Or just go buy a puppy. And you know those obnoxious jerks who constantly lift weights, show off their fancy cars and throw lots of money around? Well, that stuff works. But if you think you’re going to date a supermodel, you need to have the whole package…except brains, brains are optional. Or just imitate James Bond.
- Is none of this helping? Here’s a trick that doesn’t ask you to change anything about yourself: bring along a friend who has your basic physical characteristics (similar coloring, body type, facial features), but is slightly less attractive than you. It works.
Join 25K+ readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.