5 Easy Tricks For Beating Procrastination, Backed By Research
- Make more specific plans. Just setting a date and a time when you’re going to do something makes you more likely to follow through. Or just write down the steps necessary to do the work.
- Use short, painless dashes of effort. Just have at it for five minutes and feel free to watch the clock. Chances are you’ll realize it’s not so bad.
- Forgive yourself when you do procrastinate. It will help you get productive. Hey, even procrastination researchers have a sense of humor about it.
- No, you won’t do better work by procrastinating. And you will not have more time next week. In fact, leaving things unfinished makes you stupid.
- Rewarding yourself for doing things you don’t want to do can be a powerful motivator.
Join over 151,000 readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
Posted On: July 22, 2012