What are ten instances when you should trust your gut?
- Does someone seem extraverted and conscientious to you? You’re probably right. If the person you’re with is attractive you should trust your instincts about their personality even more. There are a number of things you can probably guess about someone’s personality from a glance.
- Trust your gut when determining who is a nice person and who is a criminal. You can probably tell which men are dangerous and which are trustworthy. People can differentiate Nobel Prize winners from America’s Most Wanted.
- Someone’s face will probably tell you if they are a Republican or Democrat.
- You have a better than average chance of telling if someone is homosexual.
- With children and adults you can probably trust the vibe you get about how smart they are. It’s trickier with teens and the elderly.
- If you think someone might be a psychopath, you’re more likely to be right than wrong. On the flip side, do you happen to be a stone-cold psychopath? If so, trust your gut to tell you who would make a good victim.
- Even if they’re not wearing Prada or a Rolex, you can probably tell who is rich.
- 6 seconds of observation will tell you who is good at their job.
- Trust your gut about whether a neighborhood is safe.
- If you listen to your partner’s voice and think they might cheat on you, there’s a fair chance you’re right.
Join 25K+ readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
Posted On: June 8, 2012