20 Ways To Supercharge Your Ability To Learn
- “Learning occurs best when important information is selected from less important ideas, when selected information is organized graphically, when associations are built among ideas and when understanding is regulated through self-testing“
- A negative attitude increases motivation to learn. Cheerful students think they’re doing well but have lower GPA’s. Good moods can harm your memory.
- Being social before a test increases performance.
- “A well-timed sugary drink, thirty minutes to an hour before you have to remember or take notice of something particularly well should improve how well you remember it.” Or just have coffee and a donut.
- Gesturing improves your ability to learn.
- Do not forget your good luck charm.
- Take naps after you study.
- Don’t be afraid to fail. In fact, you might want to do it deliberately.
- The Socratic method works.
- Teach others.
- Find a way to relate to the material.
- Turn off the computer and write by hand.
- There is a way to increase learning as you sleep.
Join over 180,000 readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.