5 things you didn’t know about swearing:
- Swearing can reduce pain. It works best if you’re someone who doesn’t curse frequently.
- Swear words emotionally affect the listener more than normal words and make them more likely to remember what you say.
- Teenagers’ favorite swear word? It’s “fuck” by a landslide, and moreso among females than males. “Shit” is the runner up.
- Swearing can make you more persuasive. It’s true, asshole.
- Bothered by my swearing in this post? You shouldn’t be. Offensive words don’t really harm anyone.
Join 25K+ readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
Posted On: March 4, 2012