10 ways to create an environment where people are kind to each other:
- Seeing kindness makes others more kind.
- Play music with positive lyrics.
- Remind people of their childhood.
- Keep the area warm.
- Might want to encourage them to read fiction.
- Across the board, people behave better when they feel they are being watched, whether it’s an image of a pair of eyes, a security camera or a mirror.
- Get everyone outside in nature.
- Being cynical about others can be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Overall, people are more kind and helpful than you might think. Tit-for-tat is often the best way to deal with people. If all else fails, guilting people works.
Join 25K+ readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
Posted On: February 23, 2012