10 Videos Guaranteed To Inspire You
1) How to be happier
Harvard professor Shawn Achor is the author of the wonderful book The Happiness Advantage.
2) Is it better to come in first… or third?
3) Why do we lie? And why do we lie to ourselves?
Great interview with Dan Ariely, author of Predictably Irrational and The Honest Truth About Dishonesty: How We Lie to Everyone—Especially Ourselves.
4) What’s it take to free yourself of bad habits?
A fantastic interview with Charles Duhigg, author of The Power of Habit.
5) Are there two kinds of happiness?
An excellent presentation on happiness by Daniel Kahneman, Nobel Prize winner and author of Thinking, Fast and Slow. In it, he draws an insightful distinction: there may be two very different types of happiness.
6) Is vulnerability the key to connecting with others?
One of the most popular TED talks of all time is Brené Brown‘s presentation on vulnerability.
7) What do you want to do before you die?
Candy Chang gives an inspirational talk about a project that asked people to finish the sentence: “Before I die I want to…”
8) Can trying something new for 30 days change your life?
Matt Cutts gives a great talk about how trying new things for 30 days not only helped him learn new skills but also changed him as a person.
9) What motivates us?
Dan Pink, author of the excellent book Drive, explains what makes us do what we do.
10) “What’s more dangerous: incompetent idiots or overconfident experts?”
Malcolm Gladwell, author of the bestsellers Blink, Outliers and The Tipping Point, gives a great talk about why the overconfidence of smart people can be far more dangerous than the incompetence of stupid people.
Join over 140,000 readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.