7 steps to never procrastinating again:
- Make specific plans. Just setting a date and a time when you’re going to do something makes you more likely to follow through. Or write down the steps necessary to do the work.
- Use short, painless dashes of effort. Just have at it for five minutes and feel free to watch the clock. Chances are you’ll realize it’s not so bad.
- Rewarding yourself for doing things you don’t want to do can be a powerful motivator.
- Asking yourself whether you intend on doing something is a more powerful motivator than telling yourself you will do it.
- Forgive yourself when you do procrastinate to prevent a vicious circle. Hey, even procrastination researchers have a sense of humor about it.
Join 25K+ subscribers. Get a free daily update via email here.
Posted On: July 25, 2012