- Nagging works: “Managers who are deliberately redundant as communicators move their projects forward more quickly and smoothly than those who are not.”
- Time pressure helps: Heavy time pressure kills creativity and morale. On the other hand, having no deadlines is not optimal either. Much like with stress, low-to-moderate time pressure produces the best results.
- Stress might increase lifespan: “People are being given rotten advice to slow down, take it easy, stop worrying and retire to Florida. The Longevity Project discovered that those who worked the hardest lived the longest. The responsible and successful achievers thrived in every way, especially if they were dedicated to things and people beyond themselves.”
- Gossip can be a good thing: “Gossip can be malicious and harmful to groups, but it can have a positive side — the threat of gossip can increase fairness and hold selfishness in check.”
- Anger can help you: “Anger focuses attention on rewards, increases persistence, makes us feel in control and more optimistic about achieving our goals.” It can even improve your relationship.
Join 25K+ readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.