5 ways to improve teamwork:
- The most creative teams are a mix of old friends and new blood.
- Teams benefit from a mix of women and men. What makes teams smart is social skills, not IQ. Women generally have keener emotional intelligence and are a valuable asset to a group of males.
- 5-to-1 is the magic ratio. The most successful teams had 5 positive interactions for every negative one. This is also the same ratio that made for happy marriages.
- It’s true that a team is only as a strong as its weakest link. The trust in the team is only as high as the level of the least trusted member. Trustworthiness is the quality people most desire in others.
- The best predictor of team success in the workplace is how the members feel about one another. In a choice between working with a lovable fool and a competent jerk, people almost always choose the lovable fool no matter what they say they want.
Join over 135,000 readers and get my free weekly email update here.