These were my takeaways:
- Whatever happens, you’ll be fine. You’re not deciding whether to do opt for chemo or not.
- Get information, not advice.
- Think about where you want to go, back out your decisions from there.
- Consider opportunity costs.
- Sometimes, you have to act before you’re ready.
- Rely on cognitive dissonance to protect you from regret.
- Generally, act in a way that leaves as many possible options open as possible.
- People have been doing [whatever it is you're deciding about] for a while now. This is all written down, often in the first person. Read it.
- Finally, don’t feel guilty for asking for help. There is NOT A CHANCE that the successful people you know today didn’t rely on the successful people they knew in order to get where they are.
Join 45K+ readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.