As a general rule I don’t recommend it but there are a lot of things we can learn from how crazy people communicate.
- Talking to yourself out loud can make you smarter, improve your memory, help you focus and even increase athletic performance. (Here‘s what to say and when to say it.)
- Fast talkers are more persuasive. Repeating yourself makes you more influential. Swearing does too. (All of these together, well, that may be overdoing it.)
- Babytalk can improve your relationship.
- People like you better when you seem distracted.
- What about when crazy people rant and yell? Trash talk can improve your performance.
- Asking yourself questions increases motivation.
- Want to better comprehend foreign accents? Imitate them.
- All of this seems like it might mentally exhaust everyone around you but that can have an added bonus: it can make their lies easier to detect.
- Not so good with crazy talk? It can also help to pretend you’re talking to a crazy person.
- Want to get out of a speeding ticket? Don’t act crazy here. Just apologize.
Join 25K+ readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.