It’s very likely:
“The results of a multiple regression analysis of 49 metropolitan areas show that the greater the airtime devoted to country music, the greater the white suicide rate.”
What else do we know about suicide?
- Ironically, the happiest places have the highest suicide rates. Living at a high altitude and smoking are risk factors for suicide. Around presidential elections, suicides decline.
- Men and women commit suicide differently.
- Fewer people kill themselves leading up to Christmas, but there’s an increase after the holiday is over.
- Suicidal people write differently.
- Many suicide bombers didn’t need a terrorist cause — they were legitimately suicidal beforehand.
Join 25K+ readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.