Via The Psychologist:
- Activate all your relevant past knowledge
- Organise new information: seek a meaningful structure
- Actively elaborate
- Learn the phonetic system for translating numbers into memorable words
- Form mental images linking the things to be remembered
- Create links to cue information through pegwords and familiar images
- Practise remembering after several suitable intervals
- Play the name game
- Explain what you are studying to someone else or yourself
- When struggling, try to reconstruct the context
Full explanations of the methods are here.
Join 25K+ readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.